So…. I’m in Bali and have been hanging out with some of my entrepreneur friends, old and new. Some are “ahead” of me, while others are “behind” me (more experience, revenue, etc.)
I noticed that I still find myself getting jealous when I think someone has created more success than me, has it easier than me, blah blah blah.
But here’s the thing about jealousy….
Jealousy us a huge indicator and bright beam of light that shines to show us what we really want in our lives!
Take a moment to think about the last time you felt jealous… I’m going to take a guess that it may have happened while scrolling through Facebook, seeing photos from vacations, camping trips, newborn babies, or shares of big accomplishments. It may have happened when your friend told you she just had her first $10,000 month in her coaching business, while you still can’t figure out how the heck to get clients.
Here are a few things that I’ve been jealous of recently (this is so NOT easy to share!):
– Someone I know speaking on stage at an event I would love to speak at
– Another friend just got married
– Watching the journeys of some amazing entrepreneurial couples traveling the globe together.
– Seeing a colleague reach a level of success faster in her business than I did.
– Even something as small as my friend sharing with me that she got an amazing massage yesterday while my most recent Balinese massage was kind of meh…
The way I’ve tried to re-frame my experience with jealousy is that I first am grateful for that viscerally deep knowing of what I want in my life. I’m sure you know what it’s like to struggle with not knowing what you want, so in that way, jealousy is a real gift.
All of the above examples show me what I REALLY want in my life:
– To be asked to speak at large conferences
– To be in a romantic relationship
– To travel the world with an amazing entrepreneurial partner in crime who loves adventure the way I do
– To have a 7-figure business
– To get an incredible massage!
And then the next piece is the hard one because it takes a lot of self-responsibility. The next part is ACTION. Each and every one of those bullet points can become closer to reality through my own action:
– Keep getting speaking gigs on the calendar so I am ready for the BIG ones
– Making myself more available to men who are looking for relationships, too
– Meeting more traveling, adventurous men who also want partnership
– Investing at a higher level with mentors, and putting even more focus into my business
– Making the darn massage appointment!
When I see something I’m jealous of, I’m now in the practice of saying to myself, “I’m having that, too! What would it take to get there, and what do I need to do?”
So I’m curious for you….
What was the last thing you were jealous of?
What does it indicate to you as a true desire in your life?
What action do you need to take to get closer to what you really want?
To creating the life you love!